About the author
You can write better technical documents. This book shows you what to do and why it works, and it shows you what not to do and why it does not work.
About The Book
- ISBN-13: 978-0-9728602-4-6
- Edition: 2nd
- Size: 5.5 x 8.5 (inches)
- Paperback; 192 pages
- Published: May 2015
- Book Data
Complete Reviews of 1st Edition
- Payment transactions are handled by PayPal.
- If you have a PayPal account, the transaction will be expedited, but you do not need a PayPal account to pay.
- Dewey number: 808'.06666
- LC classification: T11.H35 2001
- LC subject heads: Technical writing—Handbooks, manuals
- Jonathan Price in Technical Communication, February 2004
- … just as Edward Tufte's books show a passion for truth in statistical charts, Haile's analyses and prescriptions demonstrate how much he cares about clearing away the clutter that stands between readers and the underlying science.
- Anonymous Reviewer for Writer's Digest, March 2003
- This book could very well become the leader and expert choice for the style. It is very concise and detailed. This is a must have book for technical writers.
- Chemical Engineering Progress, June 2002
- This is an excellent book that can serve as your lesson plan for self-study.
- Engineering Professor
- Technical Writing Instructor 1
- Haile has done something that has long needed to be done—to extract the most useful insights from some of the leading style manuals and to apply them to technical writing.
- Engineering Graduate Student 1
- I enjoyed reading Technical Style—[Haile is] a clear and precise writer.
- Technical Writing Instructor 2
- [Technical Style's] most salient characteristic features … are its unusually readable style and its coverage of equations. The former is rare in current style manuals and the latter, as far as I know, absolutely non-existent.
- Engineering Graduate Student 2
- exceptionally well written and useful … I read it with pleasure