Analysis of Data
About the author
You can get more out of experimental data by following the guidelines in this book. It shows you how to compute and report uncertainties as recommended by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI). It gives you systematic procedures for linearizing data, for testing for correlations, and for finding meaning in data.
About The Book
- Second edition
- ISBN-13: 978-0-9728602-3-9
- ISBN-10: 0-9728602-3-1
- Size: 5.5 x 8.5 (inches)
- Paperback; 128 pages
- Published: 2009
- Press Release
- Book Data
- Payment transactions are handled by PayPal.
- If you have a PayPal account, the transaction will be expedited, but you do not need a PayPal account to pay.
- Dewey number: 001.4'22
- LC classification: QA276.H23 2003
- LC subject heads: Mathematical statistics—methodology
|Kinds of Issues Addressed
- How uncertainties differ from errors
- How to correct uncertainties for small sample size
- How to report combined and expanded uncertainties
- How to find linear representations of data
- How to find meaning in data
- The Underpinnings of Analysis
- Assessing the Quality of Measurements
- Relating y to x
- Are x and y Correlated?
- Testing for Sensitivity
- Attaching Meaning to Data