The Way of the Teacher
About the author
A guide to help all teachers master their profession.
About The Book
- ISBN-13: 978-0-9728602-1-5
- ISBN-10: 0-9728602-1-5
- Size: 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 (inches)
- Paperback; 128 pages
- Published: June 2005
- Press Release
- Book Data
- Dewey number: 370
- LC classification: LB1023.3.H34 2004
- LC subject heads: Teaching
- Payment transactions are handled by PayPal.
- If you have a PayPal account, the transaction will be expedited, but you do not need a PayPal account to pay.
- Teacher at a Montessori school
- This is a wonderful book!
- Matt Fisher in the International Journal for the Scholarshhip of Teaching and Learning
- There are very few books in the teaching literature that are consciously designed to provide so much space for readers to “insert” themselves into the text … I highly recommend The Way of the Teacher as a book to be read slowly, savored, and deeply reflected upon.
- Laura K. Simmons in Teaching Theology & Religion
- A written review in paragraph form is insufficient to capture the enchantment and challenge inherent in this book …This book may serve more as inspirational literature for teachers than any other sort of educational tome.
- Jeffery Kovac in the Journal of Chemical Education
- This beautiful little book is filled with wisdom and inspiration.
- Andrew J. M. Smith in the Journal of Industrial Teacher Education
- The actual text is a collection of carefully selected, elegantly crafted, and well-honed quotations, thoughts, propositions, and insights. There are some striking images and many propositions that should cause us all to stop and think about our teaching.
- Public School Montessorian Newsletter
- … this set of meditations … is a glorious breath of air.
- Director, Office of Teaching Effectiveness at a southern university
- … the most beautiful, wisdom-rich book on teaching … there's nothing like it in our literature.
- Provost at a college in the northeast
- I ordered a copy of the book and loved it, and want to order copies for all our faculty.
- Engineering professor at a European university
- … a lovely and very comprehensive collection of thoughts and comments on the teaching and learning processes … relevant and thought-provoking.
- Director, Center for Instructional Excellence at a midwestern university
- … this is a wonderful book for both faculty and faculty/instructional developers. I could not put it down … It is not only a great read, but it is very quotable—a great gift at just the right price.
- Engineering professor
- I think the book has tremendous value and I would definitely recommend it to colleagues.
- Director, Center for Teaching and Learning at a northwestern university
- I … was truly moved by the wisdom and passion for teaching and student learning.
- Former teacher
- I just read The Way of the Teacher. I wish I had had this to guide me through my last years of teaching.
- Reviewer of the first draft
- I consider [Haile] to be one of the best thinkers in our profession.